Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Strategic Planning, Administration & Supervision


I coordinated college staff, faculty, adjuncts and outside presenters to promote SUNY Sullivan  educational programs such as: Clean & Green Learning Opportunities (Academic & Continuing Education) I think the presenters learned as much from each other, as the community members that  came to hear them.

Every presentation that was delivered out of the Family Life Education department required both a pre and post test. I personally completed over 300 presentations a year,  this generated a huge amount of data to compile and report. Our team was very pleased to receive nothing but positive words from the umbrella agency responsible for funding Family Service Centers.


I had the good fortune to facilitate the planning process and write the strategic plan for the Career Services Department. I also participated in the strategic planning process for the agency and facilitated team building at regular meetings and the annual retreat.
I created and spearheaded a close partnership with St. Petersburg College significantly increasing participation in general education and Early Childhood Education course work in accord with a mandate from National Head Start. I succeeded in this challenge where others had tried but fallen short. Among many strategies, it was most gratifying to be the one to say, "I am sure you can pass College Algebra, I struggled, but I did it."

The Career Development Committee was an integral piece of encouraging and providing resources for staff to become life long learners, working toward certifications and degrees. As the Career Services Administrator I was responsible for its facilitation.